Students at Glenview Elementary are currently housed on a temporary campus while their new state-of-the-art facility is being built at its permanent location (4215 La Cresta Avenue) in the Glenview neighborhood. The project is being funded by Measure J, Measure B, and Fund 25 funds. The stunning new campus will include the following:
- Retention of iconic art deco facade and cascading stairs at the corner of La Cresta and Hampel
- Newly constructed 21st-century learning facilities and multipurpose room
- ADA compliance to allow equal access to the resources at Glenview Elementary for all members of the community
- Seismically sound buildings to ensure the safety of children and staff
- Modern and efficient plumbing, electric HVAC, and WiFi systems
Busing is provided to students from Edna Brewer Middle School to the temporary campus at 915 54th Street in the Santa Fe neighborhood while the construction is underway. Construction is expected to be finished in December 2019, with final inspections and prep being done throughout the spring of 2020. Students are scheduled to start instruction in the new building in August 2020.