What Is the Glenview Elementary PTA?
The Glenview PTA stands for the “Glenview Parent-Teacher Association.” It is a group of parents and teachers who meet regularly to discuss parent concerns, plan school events, and raise money for Glenview.
What Is the PTA’s mission?
The PTA helps make curriculum possible that promotes the academic growth and social-emotional development of our students, supports teachers, and builds community. We value equity and inclusion.
How much does it cost to join the PTA?
Why do I have to pay to join the PTA?
Most of the membership fee goes to the district PTA in order for us to have insurance at school events.
Why should parents and teachers join the Glenview Elementary PTA?
When you join, you get voting rights on what programs the PTA funds. You are also…
- Supporting your child’s academics. Children thrive in school when their parents are involved in their education, both at home and in school.
- Supporting your child’s social-emotional development. Academics aren’t the whole story. Glenview prides itself on creating students who are caring participants in their local community and compassionate global citizens.
- Connecting to your community. There’s no better way to know what’s happening at Glenview than to participate in the PTA. At meetings you’ll meet other parents and teachers, build relationships, and learn and influence changes and improvements to the Glenview community.
- Being part of the solution. Glenview PTA plays a critical role in fundraising to support programs that are not covered by OUSD or state or local funding.
Why types of things does the PTA pay for at Glenview?
The PTA has raised money for the following: reading/math intervention, technology staff/equipment, library books, classroom supplies, teacher aides, school field trips, restorative justice staff, playground support and equipment, Halloween Carnival, Glenview’s Got Talent, Black History Month, Family Pride Day, music program, scholarships to after-school enrichment classes, Glenview Science Fair, and more!
When and where are PTA meetings for the 2018-2019 school year?
Dinner is provided at 6pm, and the meeting starts at 6:30pm. Free child care is also provided. The location is Glenview @ Santa Fe unless otherwise announced.
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019
How do I join the PTA?